Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Yesterday, while waiting for my sweet potato cans to boil and seal, I went and looked at my phone. I had a missed call from some number I didn't recognize. So I called my voicemail and I had a message from Harvard Custom Manufacturing asking me to come in to an interview today at 9:30. So I called back and confirmed that I could come at 9:30.

When I went in today they interviewed me and made it sound like they wanted to hire me, but in the future when they had a position open. Well, they asked me to wait in this hallway, right by the receptionist. I started talking to her about life and work and other things. The guy who interviewed me came back out and asked me to follow him into another office, which I found out later was the human resource director's office. He talked to me for a while and told me that my credentials were really awesome, but I had no experience so they were going to have to pay me less than a regular engineer with experience. At this point I am going, what? Hire me? Then he said, we really want to hire you because you seem to good to pass up, what would you work for? I should have asked for something, but I really didn't care. ha ha. And his offer ended up being only about 3000 grand less than I was going to ask.

So you are now reading the blog of Harvard's newest junior electrical engineer. Yes!! I am an electrical engineer. I am going to play with wires and circuits and electrical things. I am going to help design the electrical systems for defense vehicles (airplanes, tanks, cars, helicopters... etc).

Praise God. He is so good to me. This job seems like it is perfect for me AND it is only five minutes from my house and it has the same hours at Jared's job (7-4)!! YAY!!

P.S. Did you know that Harvard has over 900 employees? I didn't. The building is HUGE!! They started as a division of Northrop before they became Northrop Grumman. And they work with Lockheed Martin and Boing and Northrop Grumman on most jobs. It is a job that I never expected to find on the Eastern Shore. I thought I would have to be in the DC area to find a job like this. I am so excited. I just have to pass my drug test. :)

5 comments:

  1. the fervent and effectual prayers of a righteous man availeth much

    we rejoice with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and break out the crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my crockpot!! It is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yiiiihaaaaahhh!!!! that is SO awesome! God is great!!! And you are His beloved daughter that's why you get all these treats ;) Happy happy happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! It is so exciting to see God provide!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?