Tuesday, August 25, 2009

projects and more projects...

I have been listening to Wes King as I do projects around the house today. I have never listened to Wes King before in great length. I really like his stuff. I am glad that Jared has three of his cds. It is always fun to discover new music that isn't really new because then you can listen to a lot of that artist without having to wait for new cds to come out. All of the sudden there is all this new exciting music to listen to. It makes me happy!! :)

I decided to turn the rag rug into seat pads. This is the first one I finished while Jared was reading The Fellowship of the Ring to me last night. It is much better than the movie. I love hobbits.
This is my table runner waiting to go to Mrs. Shelton's house to get quilted. I am so proud of it and I can't wait to show you all a complete picture of it. The red is going to be the binding and the white flowers are going to be the background.

I started a new table runner last night. I cut all the pieces while Jared was working on something else. Today I sewed all the squares together and I just need to sew all the squares together and it will be ready for quilting as well.

squares and more squares getting squared up.

This is sort of what it will look like when it is finished.

Here is the porch railing all painted. It looks really nice. I should have taken a before picture. It was all gray and half of it was primed and half of it was not. It was a mess. Now it looks cute and white and clean. :) YAY!!

This is my third apron. It has eyelet ties. This picture is terrible because the daisies are actually light blue with yellow centers. It is quite pretty.

6 comments:

  1. So...

    what are you making me?
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you want? I doubt you want a table runner and you don't own an ipod. And do you cook? You wouldn't really use an apron or potholders...

    I don't know what I will make you. Maybe a Christmas tree ornament or something. Does Tom Tom need a case? I could make him a case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. S. made Linnea a really cool camera case(I know Anna has one but not as cool as Linnea's:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her camera is so big. I have made camera cases before, but only for little cameras. I don't think a cloth bag would support her camera... I'll have to think about it. There is some engineering in this problem. I should go draw up something ... on graph paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you know wes king went to covenant college?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is cool. Jared just told me he was a PCA elder. So that makes sense that he would have gone to Covenant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?