Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A few photos from life...

I don't know how many of you remember, but I wanted pink dishes and the only ones I could find were from the 60s and weren't sold anymore. Well, in Maine Jared and I found the pie plate from the Flamingo collection!! Yay!

Okay, items in the picture: Betty Crocker Cookbook (I use it all the time - thanks mom!!), blue Marta Stewart dutch oven (found at Macys marked down from $99 to $23... YAY!), flamingo pie plate, funny blue plates (we found them in Maine and are going to hang them on the wall somewhere), and my polka dotted plates (bought at Pier One also with a gift card - they only had five though and I want more, but I thought five was better than none).

polka dotted plates. love love love.

Funny blue plates. Aren't they weird? They are also from the 1960s. They had much more interesting designs back then.

Box for my dutch oven.


The sky at night last Sunday night. It was raining and the sun was setting. It was sort of creepy, but yet beautiful.


This is Jared driving the Schrodts sail boat on the Nanticoke River two Saturdays ago. We had such a great time.

And earlier that day, while Jared was in a Christian Education meeting, I wiped down all the walls and filled in all the tack holes with dry wall mud. I was there from 9:30 - noon. Yes, there were that many holes. Crazy.

3 comments:

  1. For the first time the notion came to me that you are a lot like my mama in some ways!! (huge compliment to you!)

    i suppose people DO marry people like their mothers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. Thanks. I take it as a compliment. :)

    Jared and I were just talking about this. I said people marry people like their mother and Jared brought up the point that Stacey isn't like your mother, you aren't really like Mrs. Taylor, and Hannah is nowhere near Patrick's mother. Maybe with time we become more like them.

    P.S. I think Jared is like your Dad all the time. He may look like your mother, but he acts like your Dad. He is the biggest goober ever, but I love him for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. does this mean Jared's dad is a goober:>)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?