Last Thursday night I spent in Silver Spring because I had to be at graduation the next morning at 8:00am. I did not want to drive up by myself Wednesday night and my Dad kindly offered to drive me and spend the night at 9501 with me. I was pretty happy about having a driver and someone to stay with me because the Grandi's house can make very strange noises at night and it always sounds like someone is walking around downstairs or creeping up the staircase. Plus, the doors shake when the wind blows and it still startles me. I didn't realize how happy I was that someone was staying with me until I woke up Friday morning and realized that I had slept the entire night quite soundly. I felt like I had had such a great night sleep. I usually don't feel very rested when I have to stay by myself. It was so wonderful to wake up and feel completely safe and rested. I love my Dad. He was so sweet to drive me up to Silver Spring late at night and keep me company on the two and a half hour drive. He is great. I feel so loved and taken care of.
EDIT: Thursday, May 28, 2009
I would also like to thank my Dad for driving me up to my lasik surgery today and driving me back. He was so sweet and took care of me all day. He made sure I was well fed and that I got sleep and that I put in the right eye drops at the right time. I thank God for giving me such a loving and caring father. I love him very much. Thanks Dad for spending so much time with me. :)
I turned in my last paper and took my last final today.
I am finished graduate school.
I cannot even begin to express how excited I am. I nearly danced out of the door of my classroom where I took my last final. It was all I could do to keep from laughing and cheering. All of my graduate student friends are so jealous that I finished in a year; no on finishes a graduate degree in only a year at Maryland (unless you are crazy determined to marry Jared this year and not next year). By the grace of God I survived and now I can start with fun stuff like visiting Michelle this weekend, going to La Tolteca on Thursday, planning my wedding, and spending lots of time with Jared and my family.
* Extra 5 quart bowl for my Kitchen-aid mixer (I can't seem to register for this at Target or Macys - sad sad)
* Stamp pads
* Alphabet Stamps
* Bath and Body --> Sweet Pea lotion (the stuff in the glass bottle is my favorite, but I like any of the creams) and Jared has the Pumpkin Spice wallflower (so you can buy refills if you want).
* Victoria Secret --> Love Spell is my favorite scent.
* Picture gift cards!! We want to get a lot of pictures printed out and put all over our walls. So either frames (which I have tried to register for the ones I like so you get the general idea) or gift cards to go get pictures printed out. We really want one of Annie's pictures printed on a canvas.
* Quilting material --> the plastic cutting squares, the rolling cutters, the quilting board, thread in all colors, material (or gift cards for material)... Talk to Mrs. Shelton and she could probably offer suggestions. :)
* Sewing machine :) YAY!!
* La Tolteca
* The Story of Ferdinand (the Bull) - childrens book (love)
* Robert Munch collection of books (called Munchworks I think... love)
* Pippi Longstocking Books!!! (love)
* Corduroybooks (love)
* The Story of Ping (the duck - another childrens book ... love)
* Put Me in the Zoo (love)
* Harold and the Purple Crayon Books
* Any or all Dr. Suess Books
* Go Dog Go
* Jeeves and Wooster books
* Olivia books
* Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel
* Any Babar books
(I love all the childrens books that I have put on this list, but I especially love the ones that I wrote "love" next too).
Here is the best looking groomsman in my wedding modeling the suits Jared picked out. Anna has more pictures on her blog. Click HERE to see them. I love white shirts and vests together. The ties even match the dresses almost perfectly! I doubt any of my bridesmaids will be willing to model their dresses. So you will just have to wait until the wedding to see them looking awesome. Everyone is going to look so wonderful. These are the details I like about my wedding, along with shopping for wedding bands with Jared and making the invitations and stuff like that. Those are actually enjoyable and relaxing. I like the simple things that don't require anyone else and their input. ha.
* Rings purchased
* Invitations finished and mailed
God has richly blessed me with the most wonderful fiance (for me) ever. I am continually amazing how we think the same way about everything important. And he is so sweet and considerate and helpful. He helped me so much with the invitations when I was feeling stressed and he has done so many other things (even just little things) that have just made my life easier and happier. I thank God for Jared and his wonderful self. I am greatly blessed.
Oh, and my parent"s yard is looking AMAZING!! They are doing such a wonderful job making it look nice for my wedding. We should have taken before and after pictures. It looks so good. And the corn in the garden is up!! Sweet!
Favorite New Jars of Clay lyrics
I don’t understand why we can’t get close enough
I want your kite strings tangled in my trees, all wrapped up
I don’t understand why we can’t get close enough
I’ll be the comets that are falling from the sky you light up
You’re my shirt iron-on, I’m the tick, you’re the bomb
You’re the L and the V, I’m the O and the E
Am I speaking clearly?
I forgot to post these this weekend. These are the books I read in April:
* Humility - C.J. Mahaney
* The Mystery of Marriage
* The Awakening
* This Momentary Marriage - John Piper
I haven't started any for May yet because I have been so busy. I guess I will read all four books in the second half of the month. This year I am 13 books in 4 months. Woohoo!! I can't believe I have made it four months so far. :) Oh, and all my paperwork for graduation is in. Now I just have to pass my three classes, write another 5000 word paper (I have 2500 words written so far), make two powerpoint presentations, give two powerpoint presentations, do two sets of homework, grade two sets of labs (48 labs), and a final. Sigh. School is almost finished!! It is wonderful. I can't wait!!!!!