Tuesday, April 07, 2009

North Carolina
Men's Basketball Champions in 2009


* I remember watching the UNC game in 2005 (when they won the national championship). I think I might have watched it with Jared. heh. I know I watched the final four with Linnea (Jared was off singing in some competition where he was telling Hannah that he loved me) and we drank icees and my siblings made fun of me for being excited about mixing three flavors of icee together. heh. Good times!

So maybe big things happen in my life when UNC wins the national championship. Last time Jared asked me out and this time we are going to get married. Maybe be will have our first child the year they win their next championship. :)

They also won in 1982 -- which is the year before Jared was born and my parents were married... You could tie that in there somehow. In 1957 my Dad was born and without my Dad being born there would be no me. So that year is significant. And I really don't know how the year 1993 affected either of us. But UNC won that year too. Maybe I should just limit this analysis to the years that I have cared about UNC basketball. In that case, just read the first two paragraphs and move on.
Go Tar Heels!!

7 comments:

  1. Well, can't say we stayed up beyond half-time, but UNC looked strong and good.
    My favorite is when they show clips from past games and the guys, whose shorts now hang on the floor, were barely covering their bums:-) The knee socks are a hoot too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 80s were not good for men's shorts. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, sorry to mess up your numbers, but Dad was born in 1956...it was a fun game to watch, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left fairly certain that they were going to win when they were 20 points ahead. I had to write a contract. So, I was unable to just sit in front of a TV screen for hours even though I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew that. We are 30 years apart. ha. I mean that right after he was born in 1956 that the Tar Heels won the championship in March (4 months later).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the picture.

    (the mistake was probably that dyslexia we were just discussing...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, yes! i remember that night with the icees! those were good times, weren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?