Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I miss being a part of Jared's life.

In the past two days I have written 7 pages of my research paper for graduation. That brings my total up to 18 pages (or 36 pages once I double space it). Double spacing the paper is one of the most exciting parts. I keep waiting to do it closer to the end so it will be so exciting. Woohoo. Last night I called Jared and, while he was marking up a copy of a new blueprint for a job he is starting soon, I marked up lab reports, highlighted useful sections of journal papers, and wrote a few sentences here and there for my paper. It was just nice to hear his voice every so often while I was working. I look forward to just BEING in the SAME place as he is. That will be so nice. Being apart for three years has been rough. Sigh. I am tired of it.

I look forward to missing Jared and realizing that all I have to do is walk into the next room to see him. I want to hear his wonderful sweet voice singing and whistling around the house. On tiring days full of mundane work I want to be able to see his smile, hear his laugh, and feel his warm hand in mine telling me that everything is going to be okay. I want to be able to eat dinner together instead of listening to each other describe our meals over speakerphone. On rainy days I want to just sit home and accomplish stuff around the house. When he gardens and fixes things around the house I want to be able to stick my head out the back door and tell him I love him. I just want to experience life in the same dimension and place as the person that I love the most!! I miss being a part of his life and I miss him being part of my world.

Being married will be wonderful and no one can convince me otherwise!

7 comments:

  1. Who's trying to convince you otherwise?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marriage is the bomb! Hang in there; the next two months will fly. It seems like January was yesterday and it was 4 months ago. In the midst of the waiting, it seems forever, but when you look back you will wonder where the time went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one really. But if they tried they couldn't succeed.

    Okay, ps. Firefox is amazing. It corrects all my spelling errors as I type in the comment box. SWEET!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is heartwarming! Yep, there is a contentedness knowing your man is in the other room watching the Weather Channel for the bazillionth time and while you're in the library reading everyone's blogs:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sigh.

    Page 21 finished... (or 42...)

    It needs to be turned in my Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah yes! The wonder of just being near your soul mate.

    Jack pinpointed this feeling once. I forgot how he worded it, because he did word it so perfectly. But the main idea was that when you are NOT with your soul mate it's like you are sort of scatter brained? It's like you're either thinking of too many things at once...or just thinking of them. But when you are with them...or just married to them...it's like you are free to relax. And be. Just be. Because you are with your "other half". I noticed this once when I realized that when I am NOT with Ben I check my cell phone a lot. But when I am with him...I'll leave it in the car..or turned off. It's like ... there's no place else I'd rather be, no other person I'd rather be talking to...no one could be looking for me. Because I am in the place I ought to be.

    So amazing!

    And yes marriage is wonderful! And no beauty in the world compares to the beauty of just brushing your teeth with your husband, turning the light off and falling asleep next to each other. It's so comforting. so comforting.

    I highly recommend marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll give marriage an A+++++++++++++ (how many pluses can I add?? NEVER ENOUGH!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?