Thursday, April 30, 2009

I am doing something today that I have never done before... I am willingly skipping my afternoon class * ... And not just any class, I am skipping the class the my adviser teaches and there are only 12 of us in the class. He is bound to notice I am missing. I hope I graduate. heh.

I was honestly planning on spending the weekend at 9501 because I have a ton of work to do before graduation, but I was talking to Jared earlier this week and he sounded like he was having a really rough week. I thought it would get better, but when I talked to him yesterday he sounded really discouraged. So I called him at lunchtime yesterday and asked him if he would like to have dinner with me tonight and see me this weekend. And of course he said, "yes". I figured you have to skip class at least once in your life, right? :) And cheering Jared up is worth the downgrade from an A to a B any day.

* I have unwillingly skipped a Friday of classes for my cousins wedding three years ago. I also have skipped one Friday lab for the women's retreat, but I okayed it with the professor and he said we weren't doing anything in class other than going over homework problems. I don't count either of those as skipping class.

6 comments:

  1. You'd never skipped class before? Ha ha. Good grief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very impressive to me! i'm glad you are willing to do such things for my brother...I guess you really do love him!!!

    hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im not a skipper either! my friends always make fun of me. last year my friend made me skip bc it was a beautiful day and i was completely stressed out. other than that the only time i've missed class was for an interview!

    faith, i think we must be nerds! haha jk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only ever "skipped" because I was sick. In some of my classes I have a participation grade, so being there every week boosts it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I guess I am a nerd. heh. I just feel bad missing a class. I feel like I am letting down the professor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?