Thursday, October 23, 2008

I should be madly studying for the FE, but I had to take a break and tell you all what happened to me today. I think it is hilarious. So let's start off by saying at the TAs meeting yesterday we were all joking around about this kid that keeps coming to my office hours. The other guy TA told me that I better watch him because he probably has a crush on me or something. We all laughed about it and built our circuits.

Which brings us to today... I packed my bag and get ready to walk out of class. And this kid gets up to walk out at the same time. We walk down the hallway together and the hallway splits. He heads one direction and I head the other (to go out to my car). Suddenly he calls out my name and comes jogging towards me. And I figure he is going to ask a question since he is forever asking me to explain stuff. ha. He looks like he is at a loss for words at first, and I thought OH NO! This isn't good. So he finally says, "I was wondering if you would have dinner with me sometime..." And I went into panic mood and all I could think to do was throw up my hand and say, "Sorry, I am engaged!!" Poor kid. He made some dumb joke about me not being old enough to be engaged and then ran off. Jared asked me what his face looked like and I really don't know. I was trying to avoid looking at him. ha.

So now I am starting to believe the other TA and I am worried that that other kid we were joking about will show up to office hours with flowers or something. ha ha. I mean, who asks out their TA? Plus I am sick and I was wearing my glasses and jeans and a t-shirt today. What is up with this? Jared pointed out that he has obviously been thinking about this for a long time, which makes it even more funny. I joke around with all my kids. Do I have to worry about all 50 of these guys having a crush on me? But seriously, asking out your TA will you are still in class with her?!? What is that! I still can't understand...

Anyhow, I have never been asked out by someone out of the blue before. I thought that was so funny and odd and strange that I had to share it with the blogging world. :D I think I will start out next semester by holding up my hand and declaring that I am getting married in July. heh. Maybe that might work. Or as Jared said I could be mean, but that is no fun. Who wants to come to lab with a mean TA?

6 comments:

  1. oh man!! how awkward! I know what you mean too! I always WANT to say something really witty and quick...but I end up getting really flustered and just thrusting my hand in the air and saying "I'm married!!!"


    hey it gets the point across!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel kinda sorry for the young man! But as a mom, this doesn't surprise ME...I wonder why it hasn't happened before :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I kinda feel sorry for him too. He seems like a nice enough kid. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yeah, Linnea, I wanted to be able to say something witty, but it was just not working. The ring is a nice option. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...these things happen...
    This is why i never meet w/women alone unless they are old enough to be my mom !
    Plus, most men need very little encouragement...IF you just smile alot around some fellows, they think you want to run-away-wth-them...
    Old pops shelton

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to introduce myself next semester and in my introduction I am going to throw in... and I am getting married in July and I am SO excited!!

    That way I can still be friendly and make jokes and smile during class, but no one will get any strange ideas like asking their TA out on a date.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?