Monday, September 08, 2008

I'm a teacher now...

I really enjoyed teaching today!! It was a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who prayed for me. I had a blast for two hours helping students learn about circuits and how much fun they are. If I continue to enjoy teaching this much, I think I will apply for a job teaching physics back in Salisbury next year. That would be awesome! So I loved my first class. They all were very good... well, there is always that one kid in every class that thinks they know everything, but even he wasn't too terrible. I think I handled him pretty well. I didn't let him get away with anything. Oh, and one last thing... I LOVE LOVE LOVE real chalkboards. The ones that erase really well and are just plain wonderful. Wipe erase boards have nothing on chalk boards. I want to get a chalkboard when I homeschool my children. That would be fun. :)

Funniest moment: The class starts off with me lecturing for half and hour before lab starts. So they all sat down at their lab benches and I started teaching. This one kids goes, "Wait! YOU are our teacher?!?!" It was really funny.

8 comments:

  1. that IS really funny--I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself today--
    and I agree about the chalkboards--I was trained as a teacher and taught 2 years at a school that had the REAL gray slate boards---and we used almost every inch between Bible, Phonics, Handwriting, and Math--I would like to have one now too--with colored chalk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the club! glad u enjoyed yourself. I taught for two years, just like your mother-in-law-to-be, but unlike you guys I didn't enjoy it at all. And didn't like the chalk board - too dirty :) I know I'm a complainer. But my experience in school really helps me appreciate those who sincerely like it - they are a real treasure. Good luck on your next lesson. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I can just hear someone saying that. Sorry I don't comment too often on your blog, I do enjoy reading though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing I liked about real chalkboards was when we played the game where you had to run around the room with the eraser on your head(and not let it fall off). I don't like chalk dust-messy.

    Teaching a Physics class would be so cool!(Greg is taking the non-scientists Physics now-he may need a tutor:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I teach again Thursday!!

    Yes, the true BLACK black boards... they are amazing. I love them. I like how I get my hands dirty and get little smudges on my black skirt, but can just wipe them off really easily.

    I am always around to help Greg. I told him that during high school phyiscs, but he never called me... It is my first major after all. I am much better in engineering though... heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love real chalkboards and i love you. praying for you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you liked teaching! i love it... hense my major haha! thats funny what the kids said to you though. when i was doing my junior field in 5th grade.... people couldnt even find me in the class picture bc i was the same height as some of the boys. hahah good times. now im in kindergarten... so thankfully there is quite a difference there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?