Monday, June 30, 2008

* My favorite number is 3.
* Jared and I are 3 years and 33 days apart.
* My birthday 6.21.1986 can all be divisible by 3.
6/3=2
21/3=7
1986=3=682

I love 3s!

So what could be better then to get engaged 33 months and 3 days after you were first asked out?!? It just added to the awesomeness!

For those of you that want the story: Last Saturday when I was home for my birthday Jared asked me to come home this weekend. He said we would go canoeing if I came home. I have been asking Jared for almost 3 years to take me canoeing, but we hadn't ever been, so of course I said yes. I came home this weekend and on Friday Jared took off work an hour early so we could leave around 3 and canoe down to Shad Landing and have an early dinner. We paddled down to Shad Landing (which took about an hour and fifteen minutes) and ate lunch/dinner. Jared packed lunch meat, cheese, bread, chips, yogurt, red grapes (my favorite, he likes green grapes), and Gatorades. Once lunch was over, we left. We outran a storm on the way back (it rained on us for a short time, but it was so hot I didn't care) and loaded up the canoe. I then dropped Jared off at his house and took the canoe back to my house and showered. I ran out to pick up movies for Anna because she was sick. Jared came and picked me up around 8 and we went to see Wall*e (which is an adorable movie). Then we headed back to my house around 11:30 and walked around my neighborhood. Jared then suggested that we go look at the stars in my field. So we walked back there and looked at the stars. There was no moon and all the stars were really hazy. So we are sitting on a picnic table out there just looking around for a while and then Jared asked me which star was the brightest and so I looked around and didn't see any that stood out, but then I turned around to look at him and he was smiling and holding the ring. So he got down on one knee and asked if I would marry him. And I said YES!! Then we hugged, prayed, and went inside to wake up the family around 1.

My mom has a picture on he blog that is sort of similar to my ring. Anna has been sick so I haven't gotten any pictures yet. Maybe next weekend when I come home.

Saturday we went to see Delirious? and that we so amazing. We had front row standing sections thanks to my Dad and Luke. It was so great to take Jared to something I greatly enjoy. It was very sweet of him to go on the 10 hour trip down to Richmond and back with my family and me. Richmond was great. We ate at an delicious little Mexican restaurant and had Krispy Kremes and saw Delirious? in this incredible old opera house called the National. The traveling was not great, but it was worth it. It was a neat concert.

So there is what I did this weekend. Any questions? Did I forget any details that you want to know?

11 comments:

  1. well, I WAS waiting for a post on this very subject--Thank you, dear Faith--we are very happy. Sorry to be so far away on this momentous occasion--Consider yourself hugged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Jared like canoeing?
    (And what a lovely day leading up to a lovely moment-thanks for sharing with those who love you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! He enjoyed canoeing and said he would take me again!!! YAY!! He's coming around. My next goal is to take him camping. hmmmm... maybe next fall I will get to accomplish that goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! That ol' Ja-Rod is a romantic one...

    Thoughts about when the big day might be? Month ... or year? Couldn't stop myself from calclating: 2009 isn't divisible by 3, though 2010 is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are posted on the sidebar if you would like to see them. :) Feel free to comment on good dates of you. heh. We are looking at July or August of 2009. So any of those Saturdays...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jared has been canoeing before and I think he's always enjoyed it EXCEPT....
    ask him about canoeing with his mother at Roosevelt State park(he was 8 I think)--
    hint--not one of our best mother son moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I failed to mention that. Yes, he has been canoeing before, but never with me, well, until last week.

    I don't think he has told me that story. He told me he won the church canoe race and that he lost a paddle going in rapids in Georgia with Kyle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?