Monday, February 04, 2008

So, say you have class at 2 on Fridays. Also, say that one of your good friends has had a rough work week and has been sick and not feeling so great. Now say he is working in Centreville, Md (no, not CentERville, Md because that is near Rockville Md and is much closer to me). You google or mapquest or yahoo map the trip and it is only 1 hour and 11 minutes. Next you think about how much you hate driving. But you decide that when you wake up on Friday morning you are going to drive down and surprise this friend and eat lunch with him at 11:30. Then when you wake up it is raining, but not really that hard, so you decide to make the trip. The way down is pretty nice, just a little misty, but the way back is awful and it starts pouring and is windy. Would you still take the trip? Was I crazy to take this trip down to Centreville? heh.
I don't really think so. You only live once.

I think I would have regretted not going more than going. :) Plus, it only took an hour to get down there on the way down and it was an hour and fifteen minutes on the way back. I got back to campus at 1:40 and walked right to class with about five minutes to spare. It was kinda funny, all the accidents were on the opposite side of the road both coming and going. It was nice. I would have been in so much trouble if the accidents had happened on my side of travel.
And another thing, there is just something about coming over that bay bridge that just says HOME to me. It is a great feeling to be on the Eastern Shore. Oh and the lady at the bridge was so nice on Friday. She was actually friendly and nice (which is funny because it was all rainy and nasty outside, you'd think she'd be even grumpier than normal). Anyhow, it was a nice trip. I encourage you to do things out of the ordinary sometimes. I like adventures. It adds a little fun to life.

6 comments:

  1. My question for you: You would have thought of NOT going ?! Lunch with a sick "friend" and an hour drive?! Seize the day! Glad you went:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me. I like to do things that are on my schedule and not things that might mean I might miss out on class if the roads are bad and I didn't get back in time. I don't like missing school, which is probably why I don't do it. Plus, I really don't like driving and I really really don't like driving in the rain. No fun.

    Me too. I am glad I went as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you went too. And I love the post under this one about the Howards. I am glad you don't live in a dorm, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm just glad you brightened *cough* ah hem a "friend's" day. spontaneous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your mom. The story below is really fun! What an opportunity to live with such interesting folks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the bridge people are almost always extra nice. it's uncanny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?