Saturday, July 21, 2007

I discovered today that Sherlock Holmes is mentioned in the Chronicles of Narnia. It made me love the books even more. How wonderful! My favorite detective mentioned in my favorite children's series. I love Sherlock Holmes (I own the entire collection of his stories, thanks to Hayley, and various books of his by themselves). Anyhow, I started the Magician's Nephew today and in the first sentance in the second paragraph it says, "In those days Sherlock Holmes was still living in Baker Street..." I was so excited that I had to post about it on my blog. Sherlock Holmes meets Narnia! How perfect.

Oh and the second thing I wanted to mention about Narnia or C.S. Lewis is the great use of the word Beastly. I think that is a perfectly wonderful word. You can say, "I feel perfectly beastly today." or "That was a perfectly beastly thing to do." Isn't it great?!?

Let me give you a good example of that word in real life... It was perfectly beastly luck that I sat on Anna's computer and cracked the screen. Now I will have to pay for it. I should have just stuck to reading books in my room and not sitting on laptops without thinking.

Reading is a true blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?