Friday, June 01, 2007

Recently this has become my favorite set of verses...
I actually might make them my life's verses.

I want to be able to say that I live them.
God help my unbelief at times.


Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,

yet I will rejoice in the LORD;

I will take joy in the God of my salvation.

GOD, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.


In the past few weeks I have come to realize how that being miserable is a choice. Hard times are always going to come our way. It is what we do with them that matters. I see now that having a pity party and feeling all sorry for myself because I have been wronged, only hurts me. It does nothing to resolve anything and it certainly doesn't give God any glory. But when we grasp firmly onto his mighty and blessed promises and we admit that we can do nothing in our own strength, those are the times that God can work in us and around us. He can give us peace and comfort. I am not saying that you won't feel hurt because I do still hurt. But I understand that wallowing in that hurt doesn't do me any good. I don't deserve to have people feel sorry for me; I don't deserve to feel sorry for myself. God has a perfect plan. I trust that. I take joy in the God of my salvation!!!

1 comment:

  1. we just discussed this verse at bible study on wednesday. i was thinking how if we are truly living in trust upon the Lord we should be able to substitute whatever our "tought things" are into that verse. i appreciate your thought about miserableness being a choice. fight the good fight, sister.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?