Saturday, June 16, 2007

I've been cleaning my room today and trying to unpack all my things from college. I've been reminded of a lot of good memories while I cleaned out my drawers and I thought I would comment on some of them.

The first thing that I remembered today happened a year ago today. I found a M6 and M5 pamphlet from Tait BMW dealership in Annapolis. I went there for my birthday last year to see my favorite car. It was really neat because the dealership man showed me inside the hood of the car and explained how a bunch of the features actually worked. It was really really neat. I loved it. I'll save the pictures of the cars for a few more years; even though it is junking up my room, it is a great memory.

Next I found my six flags tickets from those homeschool days I used to go to. I remember when Jack and I rode two-face two times in a row because the line was so short and ended up getting so sick afterwards that all we could do was lay on benches for like fifteen minutes. heh. Everyone else was fine and wanted to go ride more rides and I just wanted to die my head hurt so badly. Then we went to red, hot, and blue afterwards and I was introduced to the awesomeness that is sweet potato fries! Good times.

I found my bowling stubs from when we went as with young adults and I forgot my money and Jared had to pay for me. I remember being beaten by Matt by one point and being so mad. heh. Then I remember that I stressed my shoulder so much that I dislocated it the next day. But that was still a fun night. I remember it started off by going with Ben and Jack to Walmart to buy Velcro shoes. haha. I wonder if anyone remembers that the guys used to wear those ugly shoes.

I found photos from summer missions trips with Stef where we are covered in dirt or paint from head to toe and loving life. There are pictures from my soccer team and soccer jerseys.

I found quite a few awesome birthday presents. I found my phantom of the opera tickets from Hayley and Sarah. I found my box with all the cool Hayley words on it. I found my Curious George note cards and my Curious George book. There is my copy of Wind in the Willows and Great Expectations. I found magnets, coins, the Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes, my UNC sweatshirt, my coach wallet, mango hand cream, stuffed purple sheep, black dogs, and many other gifts from dear friends.

When I think about it, I have had such a great life! I want to thank God for all the friends he has given me and my family and all the fun that I have had with them. God is good. I remember that as I clean my room and I smile thinking about the memories I will make in the future. These past memories are only bittersweet because I know that they will never happen again, but they are so good because I remember God's faithfulness to me. God is gracious and loving. He is slow to wrath. He does not treat us like our sins deserve.

And I've got to get back to cleaning. And I might go help Rachel Townsend paint her closet.

4 comments:

  1. Well at least in your room the objects could still be identified-unlike the "Gregs'" stuff:-)
    What happy memories!(At my age, I'm fortunate if I can remember what I did yesterday)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Those ugly shoes'? What? I still have a pair of velcroes here that aren't totally destroyed....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie even took shoes back to the Ukrainians!! (Couldn't beat the price!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?