Thursday, June 07, 2007

I love this song (the one at the end of this post - you can hear it on his my space. By he I mean Chris Tomlin, the latest addition to my cd collection as of today. Nice). I turn it up really loud and sing along; I go around the house shouting it. It is so true. My life is so good. I have so much. God only does what is best for me. I have a whole summer ahead of me and I have the freedom to go where ever and be whatever I want. Plus I have Fridays off. SWEETNESS! I just want to take the time to thank people for praying for me over the past few weeks. It has been a little rough. But I am starting to see God's hand in the entire situation. I actually praise him for it. I found this GREAT quote in The Godly Man's Picture by Thomas Watson.

The Lord never takes away any comfort from his people without giving them something better. The disciples parted with Christ's corporal presence and he sent them the Holy Ghost. God eclipses one joy and augments another. He simply makes an exchange; he takes away a flower and gives a diamond.


Too long I have been happy with simple flowers when God wants to give me diamonds. It hurts to have things taken away. But God never said it would be easy, just that he has our best in mind. Anyhow, I thought this quote was amusing just because of my name. So you can read it too. You should really read the entire book. It is rich.

Question: How does faith work patience?

Answer: Faith argues the soul into patience. Faith is like the town clerk in Ephesus who allayed the contention of the multitude and argued them soberly into peace (acts 19:35,36). So when impatience begins to clamour and make a hubbub in the soul, faith appeases the tumult and argues the soul into holy patience. Faith says, 'Why art thou disquieted, O my soul?' (Psalms42:5). 'Are you afflicted? Is it not your father who has done it? He is carving and polishing you and making you fit for glory. He smites that he may save.


Aren't those great sections from the book? Yeah, I love them. I agree with Thomas Watson. God is carving and polishing us to make us more like him. That is a glorious thing. We should praise him for making us more like him. Yeah, it is hard, but I am excited about what he is doing in my life!! I can't wait to see what the rest of my life holds. How can I keep from singing his praise?


How Can I Keep From Singing?
Chris Tomlin

There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

Chorus:
How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

Chorus:

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne

Chorus:


Seek him with importunity and either he will remove the affliction or, which is better, he will remove your impatience. - Thomas Watson

7 comments:

  1. You sound so happy, Faith. I am so thankful that you have a loving family, dear friends, and the LORD! You are teaching us all about going through "stuff" with grace and an eternal mindset. Thank you. May God continue to bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. You bless me, dear daughter.

    AND Marianna--(I can't figure out how to post on your site--what is the URL?) Anyway--we were wondering if you would like time to speak at church when you are here--if you give us a date, we will try and set it up for you! Either Sunday school hour or at night...please let us know because I know people would like to hear about your ministry. Thanks! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue: You don't need to put anything in the URL, but you CAN put your blog address there. (I have no idea what it actually stands for...)

    We will be in Salisbury on two different Sundays...the 17th of June (Father's Day) and the 22nd of July. (our first and last Sundays in the country...) Jeanne will be with us for those two Sundays as well...

    Thanks for asking! We always love to talk about what's happening here...

    Has it really been two years since we've been in Salisbury??

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 17th? WOW! That is next week! We will be so excited to see you. I will check with the powers that be and see if either Sunday is a possibility--I'm thinking the July one might be more feasible as Phil Dehart is probably sharing the 24th of June and the elders ususally like to guard that second hour time...but I will get on this and get back to you! Wow! It will be great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sue. We're excited to get there! (Though we won't exactly be in Salisbury too much of the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I go ahead and book time with you on the 22nd?! :) I'm looking forward to hanging out with everyone PLUS new people (at least new to me!) Not sure where I will be living for the time I'm in Salisbury... and I would most likely need a ride... BUT I would love time with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know, the day after my birthday is pretty special. haha. No, I think that will work. I'll have to give you a final answer in a week of so, but right now you are penciled in. And the ride is no problem. We could just hang out at the Townsends for all I care. I have promised Mrs. Townsend that I would come over. So I need to do that sometime. heh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?