Monday, April 09, 2007

Hello all.

I figured that I should write about this weekend before I have a billion things to do. Don't expect too many updates in the next six weeks. It is going to be pretty crazy!! Anyhow, so Friday morning I woke up and I decided, after calling my Dad, that I would come home. I was so set on not coming home Thursday night when I went to bed. But the more I thought about it, the more depressed I thought I would be if I didn't come home. So I went to class at 11 and we asked if we could go first (because we have gone last the past 4 times there have been orders of things). So our my favorite professor let us go first and now he is even more favorite!! heh. I left campus right after our presentation (around 11:30) and headed home. I arrived home around 2:30 and played Bang with Sarah, Anna, Luke, Hope, and Dad until 5:00, while helping Mom make tacos!!! Woohoo for Tacos!! Then Jared came over and we had tacos and we ate in like fifteen minutes because Jared had to be at the church at 6:00 to practice his awesome song with Avery. Mae invited me to sing with the choir, but I didn't say yes. She had Jared and I chew gum so that we could stick it in the candle holders up on the stage so that the candles wouldn't fall out. I guess you all didn't need to know that. But, if you wanted to know... the candles stayed up on Friday night because they were stuck the the candle holders by my gum. heh.

After the service, and Jared's amazing song, we went over to Matt's house to watch a movie and eat good food. I ate so much. I love going over to the Robins and having unlimited drinks (that didn't come out right... I only had water to drink, but they have a frig filled with all sorts of drinks, coke, sweet tea, water, assorted sodas...). And they had dutch chocolate ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream! It was really good. Afterwards Jared took me home and I went to bed.

Saturday morning I picked Jared up at the church and we went to have breakfast at Panara Bread. Yummy coffee and Cinnamon buns! Then we headed over to his partner's football game. And we watched two hours of football in the freezing cold (expect we stayed in the car with the windows cracked, so it was pretty comfortable). Then we went back to my house and played Bang with Luke and Hope. After Luke and I played for quite a while and no one was dying, we called it a draw. Then Jared and I went movie shopping at Sam's and Best Buy so that we had something to watch that evening. We found the Truman Show for a good price and I had never seen it and Jared said that I needed to see it. After that we stopped at Dress Barn because Linnea told me stuff was on sale (and it was, but none of it fit me). We went back to my house and my family went out to eat at Chinatown (even more food!!!). And finally we headed back to my house to watch the movie. Sarah really enjoyed the movie. I think because of all the Prisoner like features. I thought it was good too.

Sunday morning I went to church at my own dear church!!! I love my church!!! I miss it so much. And after church I went over to the Shelton's to see everyone. But I had to leave at three and Jack and Stacey didn't show up until three and Hannah and Patrick had gone over to his parents. So, I had to leave before they ate. But, boy that food smelled good. I hope to be able to eat at the Shelton's many times this summer. heh. Mrs. Shelton, I figured that I would warn you ahead of time. I need to get that recipe for those rolls again. I love them so much! I was very sorry to miss the Easter egg hunt that Linnea was holding for all the "Shelton kids and their special friends". I really wanted to read some of those fortunes. I bet they were hilarious! So often I wish I could be two places at once. It would make life so much easier. After leaving the Shelton's I drove up to the Huntington's for lunch around 3:50. And then I left there around 5:15. I love my church family!! I just have to throw that in there again. I was so happy while I was at the Huntington's. They had invited all these people from church and we celebrated Sarah Meadows and Hannah Townsend's birthdays. And we ate lots of good food and sat around and talked. It was nice. I can't wait until next year! I will come back for that.

I got back to Silver Spring around 7. I found a beautiful box of baked cookies and snacks sitting on my desk when I walked in to my room. What a great surprise. My family sent me treats to study with!! heh. It was a wonderful surprise. I would have been happy with a letter from you all, but this is even cooler! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Thank you for everyone that welcomed me home this weekend and talked to me and made me feel loved! I had a blast at home and I am so glad that I came home. I am sorry that I didn't get to see everyone that I wanted to, but summer is coming and I will be around Salisbury. Woohoo. Love you all. And I can't wait to see you again.

4 comments:

  1. We love you, too! I almost caled you this afternoon; I kept expecting to see you walk down the hall from your room or in the front door--I really miss you! LOVE YOU!! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you keep all these "thoughts" in a concrete journal! They are precious memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN to an awesome church family! I was many a recipient of that while I was 'home' for six months. It truely felt like coming home to family even without any other Peipon's! It's sad to not have that church body here in Nepal, one of the things I hugely miss, but it makes you aware of how awesome our church is when you're away for some time. Sounds like a wonderful Easter with tons of good food!

    How many years of school left after this one is finished? 2010 is coming quick, depending on school/work situations of everyone, a spring road trip could be best before all the tourist folk start flocking. (We aren't considered tourists, naturally.)

    It's strange not seeing you around, maybe you can pop over to Asia at some point. The Harr clan definatley is remembered with fond, fun, memories. Keep it real on the western side of MD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Taylor, yes I keep a journal. But I need to update it more. I started the semester and I had to update it once a day. It didn't matter how long, but I had to write somethign. Right now it has just tunred into a prayer journal because I don't have the time to sit and write down all my thoughts. Plus typing is so much faster.

    Anna, I have one year left after this one. Then graduation and work. Spring would be awesome! I agree that we should try to miss the tourist season. I don't know how long I could get off work. Maybe a week or two. So it won't be a terrible long trip. But we'll just have to pack a lot of stuff into it. :D No to little sleep. We can sleep when we are older. And eating too, heh. We can just pack so fritos and buckeyes. We'd just forget the chicken salad if we packed that. I don't know if Sarah would be able to do a spring trip. She might be in school. But we could do a late may trip and avoid most of the tourist. My family went up to maine in early june and there weren't many tourists.

    Speaking of popping over there... do you have any missions oppurtunities say for next summer? I am looking for somewhere to go next summer for missions work. I was thinking of a two month missions trip. so if you have any great ideas or know anyone that I could get in contact with... let me know. I would love to use my engineering "skills" , but I am open to doing anything...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?