Monday, March 26, 2007


Jason Ray, a North Carolina student who performed as a mascot for the school's basketball team, died three days after being struck by a car hours before the Friday NCAA tournament game. He was 21. He was going to graduate at the end of this semester in Business Administration and Religion.


This has made me extremely sad. The more I learn about him, the more sad the story becomes. However, there is hope. Jason Ray was known for leading small groups and participating in Intervarsity at UNC. Please pray for his family and friends. It doesn't make earthly sense. I don't even know this kid and I am very sad about this. Maybe it has something to do with him being only a year older than me and being so close to graduation. I just seem to take my life for granted. I suppose that I will keep living, but it isn't guaranteed that I will make it through the next few minutes.
He seemed to have touched so many lives. So, I didn't get the chance to meet him on earth, but we will meet one day. Life is so short. This has reminded me to make every moment count. Don't sweat the small stuff, but give it over to God. God is love. He has a plan.



1 Corinthians 15:51-58

"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."

"Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?"

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

Even youths grow tired and weary,
And young men stumble and fall;
But those who hope in the Lord
Will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:30-31

4 comments:

  1. thanks, faith. i too am saddened by this recent happening. praise the lord for his glorious will. i rarely understand the why but i am sure i can trust the who.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this in the news. As a mom it made me sad too.Just journaled this last night from John Paton:Patriarch Missionary-on the early death of his wife:
    "I do not pretend to see through the mystery of such visitations-wherein God calls away the young,the promising, and the sorely needed for His service here; but this I do know and feel,that,in the light of such dispensations,it becomes us all to love and serve our blessed Lord Jesus so that we may be ready at His call for death and Eternity".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a very sad thing. The more I read your post the more I felt like I knew him too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. I started reading posts by people that knew him and then I wanted to know him adn then I regretted never knowing him and then I realized I would some day. God gives us such great hope.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?