Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I know most of you don't have facebook accounts, so I am going to tell you about this club started on facebook in support of Jason Ray (the UNC mascot). Basically it is a bunch of us (from all over the world - many different universities are represented) that pray for his family. There are people on there that knew him very well and some of us who never met him, but would have liked to. It is amazing how the body of Christ works. I can't explain how neat it is to see people posting Bible verses and saying that they are praying. It is very beautiful.

Jason Ray's funeral will be held on Saturday in Carolina at his home church. People who live in the area are offering to host families who want to come for the funeral and offering to drive people that don't know their way around. I was touched at how friendly and helpful people in the church can be. I don't know why this makes me so happy... but it is just neat to see people working together to glorify God. I am glad to see a little bit of how glorious heaven will be.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I went to sleep last night praying for his family and wondering if there was a way to contact his family. I'm glad some people can! I will keep praying. (tdebnt is my verification; it reminded me for some reason when i first glanced at it of my debt is paid--debt-not; oh well)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The body of Christ is a beautiful thing and I am often glad that Jesus left us here filled with His Spirit and surrounded by the Saints!

    On a sad note: the young man who died in Salisbury yesterday in a car crash(Jamie Elliott) was the brother of Greg's very good friend, fellow student and co-worker, Jodi Elliott. I know this family needs MUCH prayer. Please add them in when you pray for Jason.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?