Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tonight I went to the neighborhood civic association meeting at this fancy little resturant. We ate dessert and drank coffee in the patio. I imagined that I was rich and that the patio was my conservatory (this place was so neat! It had stone tile flooring and there were windows on all the sides. And it was snowing outside the entire time. So that made it even prettier!) and that I was entertaining all my guests. It was quite fun. I ate way too many good desserts and now I feel sick.

Then Mary and I went to church and it was cut short because of the snow. And I couldn't stop thinking of sledding down the big hill in front of their house. Mary and Joe live at the base of two hills. So I figured I could sled down the one hill and the other hill would stop me. But, 1) I couldn't find a sled and 2) By the time we got out of church, they had already put salt down on the roads. It was very sad. I REALLY REALLY want to go sledding. I hope it snows at least one more time while I am here. It would be so sweet!!!

This morning I went to Joshua Harris's church with Cousin Chalice and two of her friends. Grandipop indroduced me to her friends as one of his 25 grandchildren. And Chalice and I laughed at him, but her friends believed him. We didn't realize that they thought we were related until we blew our cover. haha. We could have had so much fun with that all day if we had only known. So in light of the fun, and having someone to go to church with me today, I have changed Chalice to "Cousin Chalice" on the links. Oh, and Joshua Harris took the day off and one of the other pastors preached. I was a bit disappointed. But now I have an excuse to go back. If anyone wants to go with me, you can come up and I'll take you. It is much better to go with other people. However, I think I still may go back next week. We'll see.

Ummm, the paper is coming along, not as fast as any of us would want. We have about 15 or so pages written and a lot of data still to analysis and organize and catoegize. It is going to be a lot of work. We were in the computer lab from 12:30-6 yesterday and from 1-4:30 today. So, there are three of us working on this part and that is nine hours. And three times nine is twenty-seven. So twenty seven hours so far, just in lab. I was up to one last night doing calcualations for our meeting today. We have to do this one statistical test to prove something and if the test fails, we have to do a different test, and if that test fails then we have to do yet another test. And if the tests past, then we have to do several different tests to rank the information. And it is just a lot work of Excel spreadsheet and building formulas. I think we have almost everything we need now and can start writing about our results. It is due Friday. haha. I love engineering!! I am serious about this. This is my favorite class. I don't hate this at all. It may be a bit stressful at times, but I love it. It isn't like my other three classes that seem completely pointless. *shakes head* I am sure I am learning something. Well, I have to get back to work.

4 comments:

  1. This is "real" engineering, according to Dad, and it is exciting that you are not only persevering in it, BUT enjoying it!
    Press on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun it was going to church with cousin faith:)haha thanks so much for taking me, i really hope i can come up again soon. thatd be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring Break is only... seven weeks away for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good!!! Anyone is welcome to come up and go to church with me. It is so much better than going alone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?