Friday, February 09, 2007

I really really like this Product Development Class, where we are redesigning a feature on the De Walt impact driver. Today we did benchmarking (comparing our product to other company's products). I really like this one company that built a light into the front of there driver. It is a great feature! We tested all sorts of things today, like how many screws we could drive in before the battery died and how much they all weighed and how loud they were and where the center of mass was, etc. I really enjoyed it. My arms are sore from drilling so many screws out of the wood. So, if they are selling their products to weak little women, like me, they may want to make it ten times lighter. But then it probably wouldn't drive as well. ha ha. Anyhow, just wanted to update you all on how much I LOVE this class.

Now I have to start writing the 20 page benchmarking report. I guess since there are five of us, that means I have to write about four pages... or so. I think I'll start right after I go back to the Howard's and grade some more homework.

Can't wait for spring break!!
I miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?