Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I decided to take a few pictures of my quilt with my camera phone. I would have asked Anna to take pictures, but she is at Writing Club. So, here are a few shots just to show the pattern and size. I would have picked out really great material, if I had know that I was going to stick to it this long. But, I didn't. I found this material in my room when I was cleaning up and there was a lot of it. And so I decided, why not make a quilt. Well, now that I am over half way finished the squares, I feel like a failure stopping. So I continue on... Mom says it is good for me, something about learning patience. Because you have to cut out all these little squares, then you have to cut them into triangles, then you have to sew them together (never pick a material with lines running only one way because you have to make sure you cut it the same way each time or else the same number of times different ways), then you have to iron the fold, then you have trim them all to the right size, and then sew them into bigger blocks. AHHHH!!

I am doing two different pattern. This is my first one.
And this is my second one. Jared started the mix-matched design and Sarah improved it.
Here are my eight finished squares.
Another view of my eight squares.

Well, back to the madness. I have almost another square sewn. Then there will be only three more to do and trim down to the right size. Tomorrow I might get to run over to Wal-Mart and buy some material for the edges and some more thread. Woohoo!!

7 comments:

  1. eh. why do they look purple in the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one am VERY proud of you!! It has been so wonderful having you at home. A blessing I could never fully express in words. Keep pressing on, dear one. I also like the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am shamed by your quilting.



    good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. both those patterns looks exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilts today-buildings tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you look at what ways the stripes are going, you will see a difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. good job, faith--I had no idea you were working on a quilt--nicely done--did you make up the pattern yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?