Thursday, September 14, 2006

Luke 1:37,38 (NIV)
"For nothing is impossible with God.
'I am the Lord's servant,' Mary answered. 'May it be to me as you have said.' Then the angel left her. "


(NLT)
"For nothing is impossible with God.
Mary responded, 'I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to accept whatever he wants. May everything you have said come true.' And then the angel left."


We studied this passage last night at RUF and I was really tired and I didn't take notes so I can't really tell you what the lesson was about, but I reread the passage this morning and I was thinking about it and it stuck me and not only does Mary say, "I am willing to accept whatever he wants", but she also says, "May everything you have said come true." I find that it is so easy to say, "God, I accept your will", but it not so easy to say, "I sure hope that comes true, I really want to be tested right now!" Does that make sense? Hmmm, now that I am trying to explain it, it doesn't seem to make as much sense. I was just encouraged this morning to not just say, "God's will be done in the good times, but in the hard times as well because when I am weak he is strong!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?