Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Praise God for answers to prayers!!!
I had to go in today to get my Meningococcal Vaccination today during lunch.
Well, anyone who knows me knows that I HATE needles and shots or anything of the sort.

I am a real wimp.
There were tears streaming down my face the entire time they were getting my ready for surgery, even when they gave me calming stuff.

Well, today I walked in and I got my shot and the nurse was the sweetest person I have ever had as a nurse. I was great. I didn't feel like I was going to fall over and faint. My arm felt a little numb, but that was it. And then nurse looked at my chart and told me I had to have my TB test too. Darn it. More needles.
But she was the kindest nurse I have had.
Wow.
Thanks be to God for His mercy on a wimp like me.
I am in awe.

6 comments:

  1. I was trying to get in touch with you and see if you were going--but have been praying for you on and off all morning anyway...so glad and thankful it went well! I am proud of you! (and not just because of that!) Are you home for dinner tonight? I suspect not, but thought I would check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I am not coming home for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured you would be the only one to comment on that post. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. before i went to college my mom didnt tell me i was going to the doctors to get shots (she tricked me saying it was a check up) and when they came in with needles i started crying because i had no time to prepare myself for the shots! ahha we are both babies faith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I LOVE shots! Every time I would go visit my Dad's office the first thing was pull our own charts to ask if we needed a shot :) I loved the TB aka bubble test as well! If/when I'll be back in the states I'd like to donate blood on a regular basis. Blood tests just might be more fun then shots.... the blood filling the test tube!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, blood tests. I really hate those.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?