Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I don't know how many of you read the Communique at church. I confess I don't always read it. I stopped reading it once I stopped writing for it. But this month my attention was directed to an article by Meg Meiners one of our Church's missionaries. She is on the Missions Field (if I remember correctly) with the McBrides, in Tanzania. Anyhow, the article said she had a blog, www.africanrains.blogspot.com . Read the entry called, "My heart the idol factory" if you decide to go there. Wow.

So I check it out and followed a few other blogs to this other blog and found this picture on the side. It was next to some instructions on how to make sandals out of old tires. What an interesting idea. I think this is very creative.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing that faith-y-dear. i think i should read that every day just so that the Holy Spirit can remind me that i cannot and will not be an idol factory. its soo easy to do!! bahh! anway.. uh, i totally think we should try to make those sandals... wayy cool!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dad has flip flops made out of tires and hes had em' for like 20 years!!---or somthin crazy like that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?