Saturday, March 04, 2006

Mission Conference 2006 - AWESOME beyond AWESOME!!!!

Our speaker this year is incredible. He is so funny and challenging. And Larry Trotter was excellent last night. So was Mary Doss (I think that is her last name). She was so sweet. I can't wait to hear Bill and Bev Smith on Sunday. They seem like really neat people. We took on a new missionary family this year, I can't spell their last name, but he is a bush pilot and she is a mechanic. How sweet is that. And they are with Wycliff Bible Translators. How exciting we now have 17 missionaries in other countries and 6 in the US. I love our church and my fellow MAT team members. Wonderful start to a conference guys. Although I would love to have a fellowship hall... part of the fun is working to set of tables and take down chairs. :)

As Mrs. Shelton said to me last night, and I said to my mother, "I feel sorry for all the people that miss out on our missions conferences. They are so good."

Thanks to everyone that stayed to help take down chairs and set up chairs and all the girls for helping serve the food. Great job gals. You all are great runners and servers and drink refillers. Love you all.
I love the missions conference!!

and of course ... GO TAR HEELS!!!!!

Ps. Ritas opened yesterday. I just passed it and saw the sign! SPRING IS HERE!

7 comments:

  1. You are so right! What a magnificent conference! And I, too, feel sorry for the ones who can't or don't come! I miss the Maddoxes! Hey, though, how about those 80 people at the Q&A session? Is God awesome or what? Go TARHEELS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! Glad to hear it was a success! (Yes, I now can spell the word.)

    Who have you got lined up for next years conference. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yahoo spring is here and ritas is opened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mackenzee loves Rita's and can't wait to go get herself a gelati. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL word verifications are in Chinese. AWESOME conference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, faith thanks so much for all your work.. it was great! p.s. ritas is opened!>!?!?!??! yipppeee!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?