Monday, March 27, 2006

May I count my many blessings and stop looking at school.

Jared told me a story that Mrs. Bailey told in Sunday School. She overheard a bunch of people complaining behind the counter at walmart and then one of the women spoke up and said, "I won't let Wal-Mart steal my joy!"
Hmmmm, what is stealing my joy? That is easy. SCHOOL. Nothing should steal my joy. May I remember this. I have to admit I was enjoying feeling miserable about going back to school today and I was slightly annoyed that Jared was ruining my pity party. But I cheered up a bit last night and decided not to let school get me down. I wrote out my many blessings and it made me stop thinking of myself and my "trouble". But this morning I started feeling sorry for myself again and I was sort of annoyed that I couldn't stop thinking about this woman at walmart, who I hadn't even seen and her words that kept popping into my head. Life is a daily struggle. We fall down and God lifts us up again. Thanks to God for friends that encourage you to do what is right and pleasing to God. What a blessing.

Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I am slowly learning this, but applying it to my life every day is the hard part.
    I love you mother Taylor.

    Again I praise God for people in your life that are willing to tell you to stop feeling sorry for yourself and praise God. He does have a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I knew she was my best friend for some reason. What a good word. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?