Wednesday, February 22, 2006

This has made me quite sad. My Dad and Mom used to work with the dearest couple ever. They have been retired for quite a few years now. Well, I found out today that "Uncle" Emmett died Monday. I can't imagine how much pain "Aunt" Barbara is in. I would appreciate it and I know she would if you would keep here in your prayers.
My parents always told me stories about how much fun these two people were. I regret that I didn't know them as well as my parents did, but still the 19 years that I knew them was enough to assure me that they were extremely special people. I would love to be a little bit of what they were to each other and to the many around them. They were so encouraging and real. You don't meet that many people anymore that are real. You know that when they say something they really mean it. Aunt Barbara and Uncle Emmett enjoyed giving to and encouraging others. She always had cookies made for us when we came over. They always treated my siblings and I like their grandkids. They came to graduate parties and birthdays and Christmas. I will remember them for all time for taking us strawberry picking every year. Aunt Barbara would always take pictures of all of us. All our curls out of order with strawberry juice all over our faces. Every year we would try to find a bigger strawberry then Uncle Emmett. I really can't believe he is gone. I am really in shock right now. I thought they would be here forever. And in a second you find out one of them is gone.
They were also the first people to babysit me because my parents didn't trust anyone else with their new daughter. I wanted to post pictures from that night because they are so cute, but we don't have a scanner. I will try to work on that this weekend.
If you could keep her in your prayers I would so greatly appreciate it. I am in shock. Everytime some I know dies I start thinking about how short life is. They were both so full of life. I didn't expect either of them to die so soon. I hope I can be like them when I get older. I respected them both immensely.
However, he is in a much better place now.
But it still makes me sad.
I rarely feel like sitting down and just crying, but all day I have felt like just curling up and sobbing. It has been extremely hard to study for this blasted history exam.

*edit* My dear Mother and her wonderful way with words posted about this on her blog. I don't do this wonderful couple justice... go read her blog and maybe you will get a glimpse of how amazing these two were.

1 comment:

  1. Faith!
    You did them wonderful justice! I cannot believe I forgot the strawberries! Oh my word. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I felt so alone, and it is so good to be able to share the grief with someone else. I am sorry you had trouble studying, though. I have been praying for your exam time. Thank you again for this lovely post (and really, mine is not "better" at all!) I love you so much, dear daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?