Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Oh, Ballroom dancing started last night!! How exciting. I keep forgetting to post that. Heh. I was looking forward to it for so long and now it is finally here. I don't know why I enjoy dancing so much. It seems like you are a character from a book when you get to dance. It makes it all the more real when you read of Darcy, Elizabeth, Jane, The Scarlett Pimpernel, Emma, Jo, Laurie, Amy, and many more dancing around. I can't say that I ever enjoyed english country dancing while I was doing it. It was uncomfortable the entire time because I was dancing with guys I didn't know and some of them didn't know the dances and they were all over the age of 40 and ... wierd. But at the same time I fondly talk about english country dancing because it was fun to learn the dances and be there with Hayley and Sarah. It is rather hard to explain. I was talking to Sarah about it last night and doing an ill job of coming up with the right words. Anyhow.
Thanks to Jared for asking me to go dancing (great part of my christmas present), for being a good lead, and for being patient with me. I am so lost most of the time. I am such a slow learner sometimes. It frustrates me. Sometimes I catch on quickly and othertimes it feels like it takes a lifetime to learn. I guess it all boils down to me being lazy. If I would just work on the things that take me a while learn, I would succeed a lot more.
So, I look forward to the rest of our lessons.

1 comment:

  1. I *loved* going to Dover Dancing with you, Hayley, Faith, and Anna! It was so much fun!!

    But that lemonade...yuckkk!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?