Thursday, January 26, 2006

I learned a new word today while reading a review of and quotes from Surprised By Joy. Or maybe I didn't, see I think that I learn new words all the time from books and when I go to look them up I find that I already know them, they just look different in writing then when people say them. Yeah, I'm weird, right?!? English is not my best subject. I should say, I am lazier in English than any other subject. It is just so subjective. I like things that are set in stone. You know when you walk out from an exam if you were right or wrong. If you fail it is because you didn't write down that two plus two were two. I don't like having to wait for a teacher to tell me if they liked my work or not because all teachers are different.

farrago
n. pl. far·ra·goes

An assortment or a medley; a conglomeration: “their special farrago of resentments” (William Safire).

2 comments:

  1. Ah, just the reason english is my favorite subject, because nothing is ever set in stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh. Well it frustrates me. I like to be in control. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?