Friday, January 27, 2006

And if you haven't had enough of me posting hymns yet.
I only posted three of the verses, but I find the second one quite thought provoking. "Thou most kind and gentle death"? I know I don't think of death as kind and gentle, but I guess I should.

Phillipians 1:21 (NIV) "For me to live is Christ, to die is gain."
or as the New Living Translation puts it: "For to me, living is for Christ, and dying is even better. "

Wow. I need to keep this in front of me every day. I don't live for myself. Make a difference for eternity today.


All creatures of our God and King
Lift up your voice and with us sing,
Alleluia! Alleluia!Thou burning sun with golden beam,
Thou silver moon with softer gleam!

O praise Him! O praise Him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

And thou most kind and gentle Death,
Waiting to hush our latest breath, O praise Him! Alleluia!
Thou leadest home the child of God,
And Christ our Lord the way hath trod.

Let all things their Creator bless,
And worship Him in humbleness,
O praise Him! Alleluia!Praise, praise the Father, praise the Son,
And praise the Spirit, Three in One!

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?