Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Last night Jared and I walked to Outback to meet to have dinner with Stanley and his girlfriend. Stanley is hard to explain. You just have to meet him to understand how weird it is that he and Jared get along so well at work. And he looks like a muppet. I don't know what that has to do with anything, but I thought you should know. He talks, walks, and acts like a muppet. This would be more of an exciting story if something had happened during dinner. But the meal went well and I laughed a few times. I spent most of the night trying not to cough and to find a way not to have to breath through my mouth (which is incredibly hard when your nose is all stuffed up). Haha, I loath colds. And the problem with a cold is that is doesn't end, it hangs around for weeks afterwards.
After we walked home, we decorated sugar cookies for a while, picked up Anna, and then we watched episode four of the prisoner. I was saying how weird it was getting and Jared told me that I hadn't seen anything yet. I can't even imagine what they would do to make to stranger then it already is. But I guess we shall see. My siblings wanted to watch episode five, but it was 10:20 and I needed sleep. So maybe we will watch one tonight, and tomorrow, and then all day christmas!!! Heh.
AND TONIGHT... dun dun dun. We get to go to see the lights in OC with the Balls. It is tradition. I can't explain why this is so much fun either. But it is like a lot of the things my family does, there doesn't seem to be a point behind it, we just do it because we have fun doing it. And there is no way to explain why we have fun doing some of the things we do. They are so random. I think it is fun, especially now as we get older, because all of us are there. But whatever the reason, we have to see the lights in OC, no matter what. We went in the freezing rain one year. We were the only people on the train. We have gone when it is really warm outside some years, but normally it is quite brisk when we go, especially when the wind hits you from right off the water. So tonight we will drive to the Balls' farm and Mr. Ball will come out in his crazy fur hat that he wears every year and he will put his lawn chair in our van and we will pack 10 people into our van and drive to Ocean City. And the tradition shall continue...

4 comments:

  1. Jared is correct. Episode 4 still hasn't thrown anything at you! You'll understand the more you watch :) I started from the beginning this afternoon. Stamping and putting return address labels on 250+ cards (and only half-way done). My goal is to finish before I go to Nepal which really means before Christmas as I'll have to watch some of the new stuff I'll get :)

    Oh, I think you already named the reason Jared and Stanley get along so well... he looks like a muppet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is quite the task. I guess I will just have to wait to see this weirdness that will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey the christmas lights in oc are a tradition.. a good tradition.. but hitting a dear when you go is not a good tradition to keep:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?