Tuesday, December 20, 2005

If you look back over the past three monthes worth of entries, you might have seen me complain about my classes (quite a bit actually). There has been one class in particular that I have been worrying about almost minute by minute. Yes, I know, I should neither be worrying nor complaining about anything. But it is so hard to apply that to the little everyday things. I have no problem applying them to something big because it seems right (like I have not worried once about getting into University of Maryland or what I will do once I get up there). I start to think about things like that and I tell myself to stop, God will provide. But I so often fail to see that he provides for me each and every moment of every day. I so often fall prey to trusting myself in the little things. "Hey, I am alright. I can handle this." But that is sinning. I am supposed to trust him for everything. I need to continually remind myself that THROUGH Christ, I can do all things. I guess that is why pride is to hurtful. It blinds you to what is really going on.

I need thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
no tender voice like thine can peace afford.

I need thee,
O I need thee;
every hour I need thee;
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to thee.

I need thee every hour; stay thou nearby;
temptations lose their power when thou art nigh.

I need thee every hour, in joy or pain;
come quickly and abide, or life is vain.

I need thee every hour; teach me thy will;
and thy rich promises in me fulfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?