Monday, November 07, 2005

The more fun and relaxing a weekend is, the harder it is to come to school in the next monday. It was a great weekend. The weather was beautiful.
Friday:
Hannah, Hannah, Kyrie, Annie, Chalice, and Renee and I went out to dinner in Cambridge after visiting with the Howard Parents and sharing many a laugh together. What a joy my church family is. Our food took forever to come, but the company was wonderful and I really didn't mind that much. We came back to Salisbury around 10:30 and Jack, Jared, and I watched old home videos and laughed. Jack claims that I am unamused by him, but I am amused some days. "Awe, hells no..." -Great shirt. And I came home and did more schoolwork.
Saturday:
I did more homework all morning. Then I got icees and went to the zoo with Jared. Man, it was so pretty outside on Saturday. So gorgous!!! It started to get dark and we headed off to Marketstreet Antiques and wandered around. I found this really awesome old book. :) After wandering around for a while more, Jared bought the book and we were heading out the door, the lady at the counter calls out like she couldn't help herself, " You two are the cutest couple. You seem to fit so perfectly together." We laughed and laughed and laughed. I thought it was just the nice people at church saying we looked cute together. It was funny to hear a perfect stranger say it to us.
Then we went back to the Sheltons' and met up with Hannah and Hannah (who were also hungry) and decided to head off to La Tolteca and get some good food. Yay, chips and salsa! Then we went back to the Sheltons' and watched "Clear and Present Danger" with Jack (- while he drank at ten cups of hot chocolate).
Sunday:
Pastor Shelton always preaches amazing sermons. Happy to have him back. The Mississippi Team shared during Sunday School. They are a funny bunch of people. Sarah Meadows is great. I headed off to school and spent five hours doing homework with Matt and Steven. Then back to church for more awesome Pastor Shelton. And then Jared and I debated over where to go afterward. Where can you get good ice cream in Salisbury? If anyone knows... let me know. We ended up at Barnes and Nobles (for double chocolate chip frappachinos) only to find out that they close at 9. So we ended up wandering around Walmart for a while. I would normally hate walking around Walmart, but this was a lot of fun. I guess it just depends on whom you spend the time with. Haha. There are only a few people that I would enjoy spending the evening in Walmart with. I bet many of you are probably on that list.

Random fun, but relaxing. It is so hard to come back to school. But I am here. By the grace of God, I survive and live another day. God be praised.

13 comments:

  1. wandered around Wal-Mart for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I have several comments.

    1. I love you, and I love Jared so much too. And I am happier beyong words that you two are together. And I think that anyone would be CRAZY to not think y'all look absolutely adorable together with both of you having cute dark brown curly hair. It's just too cute!

    2. You're right, Sarah Meadows IS great.

    3. All this talk of icees makes me homesick.

    4. You talking about being at my house with my family makes me miss my family alot. And I love my family.

    5. I love Jack! I just rememberd how great I think he is. Hooray for Jack! (Jared is great too, but Jack doesn't get as much publicity). I miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I love you too Linnea. I can't wait to get icees with you when you come home. Woohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. little sarah: for a long while.


    Sarah Meadows is great. So is the littlesarah. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Scoops still in Salisbury? Granted it IS on the oppisate side of town! But across from SSU :) I'm glad to know at least someone spends time in that neck of the woods :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No SCOOPS!!!! What is this world coming too? I'm in for a shock the next time I travel to Salisbury and have time to actually do something... After we all graduated Scoops must have shut down... we'd go there after youth group.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scoops used to be a nice little ice cream shop across from SSU. We used to go after youth group, back in the days when Mike was still around, ha. *sidenote--Mike just moved to Colorado from Annapolis* They had great ice cream! I won't say the best because that is reserved for Ukrainian ice cream. Baskin and Robbin's used to have a free cone night on Wed. over near SSU where Hollywood, Chesapeke Bagels and Shelia's are (used to be?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, hooray for scoops.

    a long long long while..?

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Wal-mart is the closest place to Heaven on Earth, and the closest place to Hell on Earth."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha. You are funny. "The lone wolf rides alone tonight"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?