Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It is raining again. Rain is for sleeping in!!! I let myself sleep in an extra half hour today and decided to braid my hair instead of letting it dry curly. It would have been way too cold to walk around campus with wet hair anyhow. Or that is what I told myself this morning so that I could roll over and go back to bed for a while.
Last night we had the Nyces over for dinner and I answered the usual school and work questions. I need to find a way to talk about something else with adults. But I really like the Nyces (maybe becuase I used to babysit their boys... who knows), so I didn't mind rambling on about school and work. Normally people get bored of hearing me talk about physics and engineering in the first two sentences. They zone out at "I'm a physics (I lose half of them there) and mechanical engineering major (and the rest all stop listening there)." They nod and smile. Haha. No, last night was fun. I wrote three letters to people that I have been meaning to write to and I haven't for a while. And I just remembered I left them on my dresser at home. Oh well, I haven't written in at least a month anyhow, what is one more day going to do?
And Dad, Sarah, Luke, and I ran last night in the rain. It was awesome! I felt so great Sunday night running (full off of all that great mexican food and thanks to Jared, fried ice cream), but last night I don't know what my problem was. I made it two miles and wanted to fall over, but thank God for my dad who pressed me on for my full three miles and in record time. My Dad is really wonderful. I love him. We get to go up to visit college park on the 21st together. I think we are stopping at Red, Hot, and Blue for some delicious catfish and sweet potato fries on the way back. Woohoo. Now that will be a grand old time. Although, I think I am driving, I really don't like driving in cities(or anywhere else for that matter). Driving Rt. 13 everyday to school is more then enough driving for me for years.

2 comments:

  1. The drive isn't too bad! The campus (or at least where the soccer field is) is beautiful. Lots of trees with changing colors. Driving is one of my favorite past-times. I could go for HOURS to Cape Cod or other places. You should go up to the Cape, Route 6 is a great little steet with tons of old bookstores and antique shops. Ask Linnea, Jared or Rachel Townsend about it ;)

    I wish it would rain here. It hasn't in over a month! And running is that much better in the rain :) 3 cheers for runners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh. Thanks for the vote of confidence in driving. :) Yes, 3 cheers for running in the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?