Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I went over to Stef's last night to watch a movie and eat dinner. We always have so much fun together, at least I do. Haha. After lighting the grill twice and recovering it and uncovering it, we decided to actually grill the chicken and make mashed potatoes and chocolate chip cookies. Well, half and hour later (and half the cookie dough is eaten later) and the chicken isn't cooking and we are trying to figure out what is wrong with the grill. Everything looks great, but I figure it is out of gas (there are really only two choice, either the ligher is broken or the gas is out... and the lighter was working wonderfully). So we have to lug out a new tank of gas and figure out how to hook it up and then Stef is afraid to light it because she thinks it will blow up. Heh. So I risk my life and limbs lighting the grill so that we may eat chicken. While all of this is going on the timer is going off inside because the cookies are done and the water is boiling over in the potatoes. So I go running back inside the house and pull the cookies out to discover that they are not even nearly cooked. So I throw them back in the oven and eat more cookie dough. Man, I was laughing so hard because everytime we did something so other timer would go off or the phone would ring. It was great. The cookies got done and we ate more of them and put in a new batch. And finally everything was finished and we went upstairs to watch our movie and eat. And about ten minutes into the movie I remembered the cookies. So Stef goes running down the stairs and pulls them out and they are perfectly crunchy. Not burnt at all. Woohoo. The rest of the evening was pretty ordinary for a Stef and Faith night. We always seem to have some adventure when we are together. Like when we went walking in the pouring rain at Pemberton (while I was in my sling) and we got soaked (completely soaked - and I was wearing jeans that weighed a ton - haha). Or when we went canoeing and ran into evey side of the riverbank that we could. Man, good times.

4 comments:

  1. I would grill your chicken any day!!! You make the best food. I want shells!! :) Ben Taylor does make excellent chocolate chip cookies and chocolate cake. I have had and enjoyed them both.
    Always burnt... meaning once? Haha. You are funny. No one will ever let me live that one down will they? But I love you all for it anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stef is a jolly old soul, just the other day she saved me from losing my pointer finger! (It's an ugly little finger anyway) Hahahah!

    p.s. Faith Harr is great!! ( Jared has gotten that phrase stuck in my head lately, now even I am walking around saying it at random, ahahahh!! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang, i am tired from all this.....


    yes faith and stef are great and jolly and all that


    tootle-pip

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, he has? That is awesome! How sweet. Thank you, Linnea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?