Saturday, September 10, 2005

funny

There is this ad on tv for a money lending service that states, "her bills clung to her to Old Bay after a day of picking crabs." I find it amusingly pathetic the way that people native to the Eastern Shore talk. AND Delmarva (and any form of the word) is one of the worst words invented! I hope I don't pick up on too much of their "language". The most often thing I hear is that I sound like I am from DC. Hmm...
If I had to pick any accent, it would be from Richmond, high class Virginian with southern style. Yay.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting. I never had that accent, praise God! Now people tell me, boy, your english is really good! How long did you study? Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha.. well i definitly have an accent..there are alot of words that come out eastern shore..lol. it doesn't bother me too much. i'm not embrassed to say where i'm from. we live in an unique place.. sure there are some whack ppl here andit sure is backwards here sometimes but i like to look at the good things. but if i could choose an accent it would be a london based british accent. thoseare so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear lord, save uf from becoming them.....



    it's fine to BE a native.
    just dont BECOME one.

    ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea, no worries there...ineed to get away

    ReplyDelete