Tuesday, September 20, 2005

"Dang it!" As Hannah would say. I was quite enjoying having a pity party for myself last night. After class, Anna and I got gelatis and I ate mine and went straight to bed feeling quite sorry for myself being stuck at school all day. Then I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I re-read chapter three in The Holiness of God (for the fourth time this week - amazing book), checked my email and got an encouraging note from Hannah, and came to campus early to sit under the trees thinking and enjoy the quiet. It was a great encouragement. And now I feel like so stupid for feeling sorry for myself last night about things that don't even matter. I don't know why I always fail to trust God's timing. He is perfect, just and right are His ways. I like how Jerry Bridges says that God can't do anything wrong to us because it is against our nature. So we have to trust his ways, that they are the right timing and place. Praise God for His mercy and grace everytime we fall down.

No comments: