Friday, September 16, 2005

And I just wanted to say... MAN, I love soccer!!! It is the best sport ever invented. I miss the thrill of having the ball and the people charging at you. I miss the excitement of running with a ball at your feet and weaving in and out of people. I miss the way my teammates and I would know exactully what the other was thinking and play almost as one. I miss being tripped and scrambling up, with a mouthful of dirt, to chase down the one who pushed you down. I miss the sweetness of victory and the crushing blow of losing in the final seconds of a game. And above all I miss, stopping fast breakaways. Running so hard to catch the person and then being able to get the ball away from them without tripping them. That is victory in soccer. Playing harder, running faster, dribbling better.

And on that note I will say, I have had three people ask me to play on their soccer teams this year and I blasted well can't because of my shoulder. This is slightly annoying to me because next year I will be at a different college and no one will even know I can play soccer (sort of like last year at SU). So, maybe I will get to play my second senior year. That would be so great. However, since I am not playing soccer this year, I can use my time to do other things. Like take my sibings to see Batman Begins tonight. WOOHOO. Love that movie.

No comments: