Thursday, August 25, 2005

ponder

This is why I love my work -- we stop during the day for discussions on ethics. I wish we could have debates like this in college classes... our universities and colleges are lacking in good ethical discussions. I guess it takes to much work to think about these questions. I find it fascinating.

Discussion of the day at work:

* It is 1933 and you are walking through the streets of Germany, you have the chance to assassinate Adolph Hitler. If you knew what you knew now, would you kill him? I think is is easy to say that no you would not kill him, since it won't affect you.

* But what if you were a Messianic Jew living in Germany and you had a family... would you kill him then?

* Last question for the day, you and your family (three children under the age of 10 and a spouse) are being held hostage by terrorists, they go around the room and tell people to deny Christ or they will shoot them. They shoot several people, a person denies Christ and they let him go, several more refuse, and then they come to you. They decide that too many people are getting shot and it isn't entertaining enough, they tell you that everytime you refuse to deny Christ they will shoot one of your children and finally your spouse. What do you do? You don't know if they will shoot you in the end or release you.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mna what would you do on that last question?? i mean i know the right answer but is that really right? oi vey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Philippians 1:21, Matthew 10:37.
    Hey Faith, it's Jeanne Peipon. Hope you don't mind I found your blog! I just started one at jeannepeipon.blogspot.com if you'd like to see mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jeanne!
    No no, I don't mind. Not like if I did it would matter. Haha. :) Welcome.

    ReplyDelete