Tuesday, August 02, 2005

drifting in and out of consciousness

I look absolutely ridiculous. When I say my right arm is in a sling, I mean that it is in the ULTRASTING II. This thing is huge and awkward. It even comes with its own stress ball. Woohoo. The stress ball has its own little elastic holder sticking off the front. Brilliant design, just brilliant. I’ll show it to you all. It isn’t like I will be able to hide it or anything. Yesterday the nurses put it on under my shirt, which was miserable. Today I was determined to put my clothes on first and then the sling over that. It doesn’t look as stupid. Haha, right… To top off the uncomfortable set-up, I also have an ice-pack velcroed around my shoulder, which decides to slip out of place every time I move. Overall, I was expecting to feel a lot more miserable then I do. So, praise the Lord. I am probably too drugged up to realize how poor I feel. My shoulder just aches and itches. :)

Noah and Greg surprised me with a visit yesterday. They also brought me candy (Mr. Goodbars!!!, Movies, and a cd (Noah burned me a “Feel Better, Faith” album. I’ve had it on repeat since he gave it to me yesterday. It is great music to fall asleep to. I wouldn’t try to run to it, but it is wonderful for such a time as this ). It was perfect timing when they came because I had just woken up again and was complaining how bored I was. It is extremely dull around here. I just sit around, sleep, drink lots of water, and eat cheese soup and goldfish. So, thanks to Noah and Greg for that awesome surprise! What great kids.

Well, I am sick of typing left-handed. I need to close my eyes for awhile. See you around. If you are up in North Salisbury, drop by and see me.

2 comments:

  1. awwfaith!!!! i;m sorry you feel crummy, plus i didn't if you'd want guests! well hon. i'm coming! lol..praying for you! creation 2005 coming to your housesoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss faith, miss you

    i will be by again soon to visit you! smile until then! press on, but not using your shoulder of course:)

    ReplyDelete