Monday, August 01, 2005

Camping

I love camping with our church. It was a absolute blast. Thursday we just played volleyball (after making a short run to Walmart to buy it) and ran around the campground and chased each other around with bikes in the dark (while tripping over hills...haha). Then we hopped from campsite to campsite and ate as many sweet things that we could. :) It rained really hard Thursday night and we all got a little damp. Praise the Lord I wasn't one of the folks that were floating in there tents on inches of rain.

It is really weird being one of the oldest and having parents think you are going to be responscible for their children. That's what I did friday. I took countless children to walk around Williamsburg (and I will post pictures of them and more when I get back from surgery later this week). It was really fun though. We took a little longer getting back because I wanted to see where a road went and then when we got to the end of it I wasn't quite sure what roads to take back, but I figured it out and we made it safety (woohoo and had a good laugh at the same time). I took a nap, ate dinner, and various other things for the rest of the afternoon. We all met that evening to play games. I played a crazy game of spoons with Luke Downes, Greta Downes, Hope, Hayley, Sarah, Anna, Erin Price, Emily Price, and Luke (my brother). We did this while eating more candy and cookies. What fun.

Saturday we sat around and finished our ugly 1000 piece puzzle. Sarah, Anna, Hayley, and I then went to the outlets (J. Crew and Gap were awesome!!! ). We found this great little kitchen store with crazy samples and kept eating and eating and eating ("I must have had two whole bites..." haha). It started to rain again (no surprise) and we went to Williamsburg to buy my Whithe Candy (they have the best dark chocolate... yum). We first went to the toy shoppe and then it started to pour. So we decided to make a run for it to Whithe (which is across the road). It was really a lot of fun. We were completely soaked when we made it over there, well all but me, I had the umbrella. Haha. We came back and did a 750 piece puzzle in an hour and a half and we sang the whole time. Heehee. That was a lot of fun too. It was Sarah, Hayley, Anna, Dad, and I in the beginning and then Emily and Elizabeth and Greta and Erin joined in.

Sunday we went to Richmond and saw the Confederate White House and other fun stuff. The city was really neat and I want to go back again. We also went to Machipongo for church last night, which was also a great time. I want to go back some time soon. Anyhow, I need to go take a shower. Picture will be coming from both camping trips once I feel a little better. :) See you.

1 comment:

  1. i am praying for you faith for successful surgery! i love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?