Friday, July 01, 2005

One of my favorite verses...

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

This verse was another verse that I had written all over my freshman textbooks (along with 2 Cor 4:7-9, 16-18, Isaiah 40:31, Hewbrews 12:1-3, Psalm 118:6,8 and many others). I don't really need to say how much I disliked my freshman year of college. However, at the same time that I hated it, now that I look back I can see how much I grew during that time. So I guess I really can't hate it. It was uncomfortable for me, but God had me go through it for a reason. Sort of like being the oldest child, I used to hate my place in the family, but now I see that I have learned so much from being the eldest. Actually I am now quite thankful to be the oldest.

So thank God for the trials he has us walk because when I am weak then I am strong (2 Cor 12:9,10 "9 "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. "). If only I could always be reminded of that when I face difficulties. God has life planned out for my good. I just need to trust that sometimes. Heh, I guess that is my problem since I hate depending on anyone for help. In a way, that is why I am thankful that I hurt my shoulder. Surgery will make me rely not so much on my own strength. I'm not saying that it won't be hard... haha. It is going to be quite painful, but I think it will be really good for me. Hey, I am rambling on again. May I always be content with the will of the father. Praise God for his mercies are new every morning. He is ready to help all those to call to him. He lifts us up out of the pit and sets our feet on dry ground. What a wonderful Saviour is Jesus my Lord!

Hosanna, hosanna to the Lamb that was slain.
Hosanna, hosanna, Jesus died and rose again.
Jesus Christ has set me free.

No comments: