Saturday, July 23, 2005

A merry adventure had we

Today was a grand old day.
-I helped the Conleys paint their new house from 9-12:30. I trimmed in two coats of a room (Hope helped me with the first coat... Hope is a pretty good kid sometimes) and then did the closet in the room Mrs. Shelton was trimming. I really enjoy painting. There is something satisfying about it. But you know what I love more... refinished hard word floors!!! Man, I used to love doing that with my dad. Maybe it was because it was done with my dad, but it was so much fun. Playing the music loud and working until late into the night. Polying the floors and counting floor boards. Sanding was always crazy with that little breathing mask ... haha. I need some pictures of me in that and some of my work clothes. Those were the days... Man, I love my Dad. :D
-Mrs. Shelton then invited me over to lunch and I had a nice little chat with Pastor and Mrs. Shelton and a bowl of peaches!!! May I say again that I love fresh fruit!! So we were going to clean the house, but all I did was feather dust (which is really fun) and wash a few dishes.
-Jared showed us a few random scenes for A Mighty Wind because I didn't want to watch Seifield and he didn't want to watch a whole movie. He then went off somewhere.
-Then Mrs. Shelton and I decided to go to get ice cream, but the place we wanted to go was closed, so we went to the Hebron Dinner (what a funny little place) and ordered chocolate peanut butter pie (yummy). We had a golly good time laughing and driving around merrily about the cornfields around Hebron.
-Then I went back to the Conelys and picked up Hope.
-Anna and I then went to Rosses and I bought an awesome new shirt.
-Then I made dinner (I am getting quite good at this, since my parents are still out of town).
-Sarah, Anna, Luke, and I then played Pitch (the greatest card game ever!!! We all love it and it is so much fun... I love playing games with my siblings...I love my siblings too. They have grown up a lot in the past few years. I appreciate them a lot more then I used to. What a great bunch of kids. May God keep them that way and draw them closer to Himself).

Last night was fun with them too. We watched a bunch of epidsodes of Jeeves and Wooster and partied the night away. :) Woohoo. And the house is clean.

2 comments:

  1. oh faith! sounds really great to have fun painting and being silly with cindy. i know she is a fun lady;-)
    i have never seen mighty wind.....i do love fresh fruit and my siblings AND jeeves and wooster AND any sort of pie! so, we have much in common! miss you and see you tomorrow maybe!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. Yeah, it was a silly good time.

    What a great girl that Hannah Shelton is! Three cheers that she is coming home! Praying for you. See you soon. :) woohoo. You'll have to tell me all about your trip. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete