Thursday, July 21, 2005

I'm back

And everyone else has left or is leaving today.

I just got back from Winchester VA -- birthplace of Patsy Cline.

I love the mountians. They are so awe-inspiring. I just stare at them and I am filled with wonder and amazement. They are one of those things in life that takes your breath away. I put that on the list of the moon reflecting off water, the stars, the ocean, and anything else in creation that is wonderful. I'm thinking quickly here since I am at work.

  • Monday we saw General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson's office in town and had an awesome little tour. The tour guide was amazing. Then we went over to the courthouse so that we could see the prisoners writings all over the walls. But the courthouse was closed. However the manager walked by and saw us on the stairs and offered us a private tour (and we got to see the actual courtroom -- that won't open to the public til October -- the accoustics were incredible!!!!). Then we went back to the campsite and read, swam, and ate! Haha. What fun. We also went to Walmart to get a deck of card (because the only deck we brought had different colored jokers...and for pitch you need jokers and they can't be pink... haha). Then we went to this little ice cream shop and everyone else got ice cream. We then went back to the site and played Pitch until about 11:30. Anna and I won four out of four games!!! Woohoo. The four games took us close to four hours of card playing. We are obsessed with Pitch. It is one of the most fun games ever!!!
  • Tuesday - Hope and I went swimming for the whole morning while everyone else went to the Caverns. I was going to read while Hope swam, but she kept talking me into swimming her around the pool. It was quite tiring, but fun. Then we played cards!!! Ha. And went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... (I will post pictures of this little old theatre that was falling apart -- the seats were gross) and then dinner at Cracker Barrel (fried catfish, baked potato, and green beans -- with lots of ketchup (hentz - of course) and tobasco sauce mixed in).
  • Wednesday - We went swimming and then we went home and found the power off -- so I went on a run. It was great since I was already all sweating and gross from the trip. :) Woohoo for running/jogging. I really should do that more often because I do enjoy it.

No comments: