Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I love Swiss Cheese!!!

Baby Swiss is one of my favorite cheeses to have on a sandwich or just to eat plain. Today I am having swiss and turkey on wheat bread. If you melt the cheese and toast the bread it is excellent.

Nothing else overly exciting it going on. I worked in the garden last night for two hours. I picked another whole row of green beans (woohoo) which means a whole mud bucket of green beans. I also weeded and hoed the dirt around our squash, peanuts, and cantaloupes (originally known as Muskmelons, as Jared so kindly informed me, -- and if you would like to know more about them http://pages.prodigy.com/gardenshop/flwr11.htm here is a nice little page explaining all that jazz). The whole family was supposed to help, however the volleyball net was too appealing to Sarah, Anna, and Hope. They planted three rows of corn and quickly abandoned Mom, Dad, and I to the rest of the garden. I have a nice popped blister to prove my hoeing of the plants (and I put a batman bandaid on it -- haha). I love walking barefoot through the freshly tilled dirt. There is nothing quite like the feeling of soft dirt between your toes. Ah, the joys of summertime. Fireflies, green beans, warm evenings, the night sky, corn, and going barefoot through the dirt. What more can you ask of life? Maybe rain and a thunderstorm? Life is beautiful. Thank God for life.

2 comments:

  1. oh yes....swiss cheese is one of the greatest foods ever to be

    ReplyDelete
  2. and chocolate and ice cream and sunchips and your moms apple crisp and nachos and peaches and grapes and apples and strawberries and blueberries and green beans and corn and dark chocloate and ritas italian ice and mango gelatis and many many more good foods

    ReplyDelete