Monday, July 11, 2005

Don't Waste Your Life

Is an amazing book. I was just reading it, since I have nothing else to do at work today. Isn't that awesome. I get paid to sit here and read John Piper. Praise God for my job.
"Therefore every breath we take, every time our heart beats, every day that the sun rises, every moment we see with our eyes or hear with our ears or speak with our mouths or walk with our legs is a free and undeserved gift to sinners who deserve only judgement." - John Piper.
How can you argue with that? I wish I would (and could) live this everyday of my life, every hour and second that I breath. But so often I spend more time worrying about life and what I am going to do next. WHY can't I remember that every good thing (and as John Piper says, every bad thing that God turns for the good of his redeemed children) was purchased by the death of Jesus? Why must I always be taking life for granted? It is probably because I rely on my own strength so much. Things always work out better when I trust God to provide. And I do trust Him a lot of the time.
May God grant me the strength to see his plan in everything and to give him all the glory for everything in my life. May I never take one moment for granted. Scary to say, but may I never become comfortable with were I am so that I forget to glory in the cross. Take my world apart.

I look beyond the empty cross
Forgetting what my life has cost
And wipe away the crimson stains
And dull the nails that still remain
More and more I need You now
I owe You more each passing hour
Battles between grace and pride
I gave up not so long ago
So steal my heart and take the pain
And wash the feet and cleanse my pride
Take the selfish, take the weak
And all the things I cannot hide
Take the beauty, take my tears
My sin-soaked heart, make it Yours
Take my world all apart
Take it now, take it now
And serve the ones that I despise
Speak the words I can't deny
Watch the world I used to love
Fall to dust and thrown away

No comments: