Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Bunglers I am surrounded by bunglers

To Quote Adventures in Odyssey, "Bunglers I am surrounded by bunglers!!!" Yeah, I had to say it again I think it fits my line of work well.
**I sent these people a excel file today including every piece of information they wanted and some all nicely organized and formatted on separate tabs (I take pride in making great excel worksheet --they are pieces of art... haha, not that much, but I do make them easy to read and follow).
**This person emails me back and says they needs more information.
**I say it is on tab five labeled blah blah blah, please check there first.
**This persons supervisor calls me and says that they need the file sent now!
**I say it is already included, CHECK TAB FIVE!!! It is really hard to be nice when you are working with people that don't know what they are doing in excel. This person says they can't find it so I say I will "send them a new email with all the information they need". I don't even get a thank you, just a "you are an idiot" goodbye. Haha. -So I decide to resend the file, just Tab Five (that way it is right there and the only thing that they can open and they can't get lost in my excel file - like that is really hard or something - there was only five tabs and they were all labeled...grrr).
**This first person calls back and complains that they need something else. Which I know is in both files I send them. I calmly tell this person that if you scroll over several columns you will see that information. This person goes, "oh, I didn't know you could scroll over". I know this person has worked with Excel files before. You have to when you work in this line of work. WHO KNOWS?!?!

Excel files aren't that hard. I mean you can scroll over and up and you can click on a new tab and scroll over and up. I didn't even have any graphs or anything confusing like that. Grrr. Actually it is pretty funny now. Except the fact that I was treated like an idoit who didn't know anything and I never got a thank you. :) Oh well. I still love my job. What a great life. I am learning how to deal with the world (if I didn't already know enough about that from CFA).

Great Quote of the Day from Sarah: "I don't pay any attention to him, I don't even ignore him."

No comments: