Monday, June 27, 2005

"Onion-sauce! Onion-sauce!"

Good morning!
Isn't the rain refreshing? I think I have said it before, but I love rain (especially summer thunderstorms). I am extremely chipper this morning. Did I just say chipper? Hmmm, I amaze myself sometimes. Chipper? Where in the world did that come from? Haha. Well, I have my awesome new GAP guy jeans on today. That makes me smile. They are really comfortable and I don't have to keep pulling them up since they sit above my hips. :) Hardy har.

My weekend was enjoyable. Praise be to God again for good friends, good times, and the ability to laugh at ones self. Lamentations 3: 21-25 "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;"

  • Friday night we went to Cactus Taverna for my birthday (on a side note: if anyone ever wants to go back to Cactus Taverna again, I'll go!!! The food was awesome.). Thank you to everyone to came out. Thanks to Hannah and the whole "I want to be you" quote. You don't know how special you always make me feel. I wish I was as encouraging as you always are. :) Love you for it.
  • Saturday we went to the Sheltons' to watch Martin Chuzzlewit and eat more good food. Here is where laughing at yourself comes in handy: 1) when you think (and told Jared that) you have only seen half and hour of said movie and about two hours into the movie you realize you are still seeing scenes that you recognize (somehow I had forgotten that I had watched two hours of the four and a half hour long Martin Chuzzlewit... don't know how...). 2) when during the aforementioned movie you drop your plate of dinner all over the floor. Yeah.
  • Sunday I went back over to the Sheltons' to watch the rest of Martin Chuzzlewit and eat more food. The movie was really good. I would watch it again. I'm not sure yet where I rate it with Our Mutal Friend. I know it is below Pride and Prejudice and above Wives and Daughters. I find the character of John Harmon/John Rokesmith/Julius Hanford more apealing then young Matin Chuzzlewit. However, Our Mutal friends has the whole Eugene and Lizzie thing going on that I find very boring and Martin Chuzzlewit has the despicable Pecksniff (played excellently by Tom Wilkinson) which is really fun to watch how evil he can act (everytime you think he has reached the depths of depravity - he goes and does something else). I'm still debating between the two.
  • Jared and I listened to his new soundtrack cd he had just made while Hannah tried to find some new ringtones. I love ringtones, but I don't feel the need to buy any because my phone is on silent all the time. So it wouldn't be worth it to buy any. Haha. The Batman theme (1989 in case you wondered... heh) is pretty cool. It doesn't seem to fit the parts of the movie I have seen, but I guess I have to watch the whole movie instead of just the end. Man, that reminds me that I forgot to get my Chariots of Fire soundtrack back from Sarah and bring it to work tomorrow. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. I need to write that down somewhere or I will forget again. Haha, the main theme from The Witness... Maybe we should all whistle that song. Hardy Har.
  • Then Jared and I were going to play some card game, but the rules took too long to figure out. I bet it would have been fun if we had just started playing. However, we switched over to Boggle and I was soundly defeated. I won two out of six rounds (which doesn't sound that bad... but then I won both those round 6 points to 2 poinst( I do better with fewer vowels floating around) and the rounds I lost, I was humiliated 15-8, 12-5 and such...I beg a rematch). Allow me to laugh at myself again.

Ephesians 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ."

Thank you so much for loving us when we are so unloveable. It amazes me the mercy and grace you show me every day and I take it for granted. God, keep me loving and honouring you in all I say and do.

2 comments:

  1. for the record, you are SUCH an encouragement to me always. i am so thankful for my FAITH! God keep you strong this week, galatians 6:9......i pray for you and hope you will pray for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sniff sniff* Thank you, Hannah. I would love to pray for you. Keep honouring God and setting a great example for all of us that look up to you. :)

    ReplyDelete